- To sign up for Bnei Akiva camp the child must be in Years 2-12 and accept the "Rules of Conduct at Camp" as specified below.
- Please ensure that you send your child to camp when they are in good health. If a Chanich/a is unwell prior to camp or unable to attend, please contact the Roshei Machane to discuss.
- Please ensure that you have completed all the necessary registration forms and payments prior to camp.
- We ask that parents share with the camp management (Shlichim, Roshei Machane and / or Camp Medic) any relevant personal, health or behavioural circumstances that may affect the Chanich/a’s behaviour and / or welfare at camp. These disclosures will of course remain highly confidential.
Rules of Conduct at Camp
In order to ensure that camp is as educational, successful, organised, inclusive and safe as possible, we ask that parents help support the Roshei Machane, Shlichim and Madrichim by reading the following with their children and making sure that they are aware of and understand the Rules of Conduct at Camp:
- All Chanichim are expected to treat all members of the camp with respect, inclusion and dignity at all times. All forms of physical, mental and sexual abuse are strictly prohibited.
- There is a strict ‘no bullying’ policy on camp. This includes verbal and non-verbal forms of bullying.
- Any Chanich/a who wilfully causes destruction or damage to the campsite, or property belonging to the campsite, Bnei Akiva or to any of the Chanichim or Madrichim, shall pay for the repair and / or be responsible for the compensation to the camp for the damage caused.
- The Chanich/a shall adhere to the instructions of the camp staff at all times.
- The use / possession of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, hookahs, pornography and / or illegal activities is strictly prohibited on camp.
- Mobile Phones
- For Junior Chanichim (Years 2-6) - Mobile Phones and other electronic devices are prohibited on camp entirely, and Madrichim will confiscate a phone or electronic if seen, to be returned at the end of camp. Chanichim will have the ability to call home during the day, and prior to shabbat with their Madrich/a’s mobile phone.
- We encourage Intermediate (Years 7-8) and Senior (Years 9-12) Chanichim to leave their phones at home. Should Chanichim bring their mobile phone on camp, they can only be used during free time and / or at the discretion of Madrichim. They are prohibited from being brought into tochniot unless expressly required. Inappropriate use of mobile phones on camp will result in a disciplinary process, with the potential for the phone to be confiscated for some or all of camp.
- Girls are expected to wear skirts at all times, specifically during davening and throughout Shabbat.
- Boys are expected to wear a kippah (or a head covering) and tzitzit.
- Chanichim and Chanichot are not allowed to wear singlet/tank tops, sleeveless tops or short shorts.
- Boys and girls are strictly prohibited from entering each other’s rooms.
- Chanichim are strictly prohibited from entering any lakes / rivers / oceans without explicit permission from the Roshei Machane or Shlichim.
Breach of these rules will be subject to disciplinary procedures on camp, which may include exclusion from some activities or exclusion from the camp.
Please note that the above rules operate in addition to the terms of the Indemnity Form.