What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding children and young people in involves promoting the welfare of those that are under 18 that spend time, are involved, or participate in the activities of the youth movements, and to protect them from harm.
Actions we take include:
- Every child will be able to participate in youth movement activities
- Protecting children from abuse and neglect.
- Preventing harm to children’s health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring children have a voice in decisions that affect them.
- Empowering children to reach their full potential.
Actively promoting the inclusion and participation of children.
- Building a child safe culture and environment.
- Updating and revising policies and procedures that ensure the safety of children and young people.
Why a focus on Safeguarding children?
We believe that a strong focus on the safety of children and young people is the right thing to do, especially in the youth movements. By working with our partners at Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF), we are continually improving our processes and procedures to make children and young people feel safer and better supported.
We constantly want to be more professional for our children. Therefore, we make sure to work according to the following communications documents: